Adam, Brooke, Chrissy, and Tyler

Welcome to ABC & T. Hope you enjoy catching up on our family events and my scrapbook creations!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

So I couldn't skip this fun event which I was invited to by the very talented Cari Locken.  I pulled out my Core'dinations cardstock and my favorite pictures of my mom and Brooke.  I participated in Cari's challenge and boy did it challenge me!!  It is amazing what you can do with these papers: emboss, sand, score, etc.!  I have never tried scoring my cardstock before so it was a great lesson to learn and a ton of fun creating!  Anyhow, here is the layout I created. 
The challenge included scoring three different ways and including at least one scored embellishment.  I scored the outside of my paper and then created two different scoring lines with the brown cardstock.  I sanded the edges I scored to make them more visible.  I loved how Cari scored diagonally on her cardstock so that is a "must try" for my next layout!  Finally, I scored the small star by my title.  I think it is so cute! 

Thanks for the inspiration Cari!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful Chrissy!! Thanks for taking part in the challenge too! ;)